The automatic watch is a type of automatic timepiece that uses the natural motion of the wearer to wind up the mainspring for it. Automatic watches are suitable for those who do not wear their watch every day and want to avoid having to manually wind or set them, as well as people with disabilities which make manual winding difficult or impossible.
The automatic self-winding mechanism was patented in 1882 by Adrien Philippe, a French horologist also responsible for creating one of the first keyless winding systems (the precursor to modern screw down crowns). This article will list 10 automatic watches under $500 worth checking out!
Why buy an automatic watch in the first place?
– automatic watches are wound by the movement of your wrist, which means that you never have to wind the watch yourself. – automatic watches make sense for people who don’t wear their timepiece every day and want convenience or those with disabilities which makes winding difficult/impossible. They’re also great for frequent travelers as they can go without a battery replacement due to not needing any electrical energy source! – automatic watches are wound by the movement of your wrist, which means that you never have to wind the watch yourself. – automatic watches make sense for people who don’t wear their timepiece every day and want convenience or those with disabilities which makes winding difficult/impossible. -They’re also great for frequent travelers as they can go without a battery replacement due to not needing any electrical energy source!
What are the best automatic watches under $500
Seiko 5 Automatic Watch
All over the world one of the best Automatic watches is Seiko. One of the largest manufacturers Japanese watchmaker Seiko not only for Japan its also all around the world. Always try to offer quality timepieces at affordable prices. Seiko watches always are worthy of our consideration.
The timekeeping piece focuses our eyes is the Seiko 5 Automatic watch. It has a 37 mm stainless steel case with a black canvas strap. And also a 21 jewel automatic movement, black dial, a Hardlex mineral dial window. It’s still a quality and affordable automatic watch at only $146.
Seiko 5 Automatic Watch Feature
- Seiko 5 fully automatic
- Its body Stainless steel
- Backside Exhibition window
- Its water Resistant almost 100 meters
- It’s just beautifully executed and the spit hands with the red-tipped seconds hand is a winner.
- Its feel Highly comfortable and light on the wrist.
- It’s exact enough, and no need to be bragging complaining about the performance of such an affordable watch.
- It’s a goodly case at 37mm, and the finish has a gunmetal/titanium-ish outlook to it that is quite appealing.
- It rattles once and you subconsciously feel the need to grating noise it again just to remind you how horrible that sound is.
- The strap is of bad quality and making as it came with many nylon frays that made it uncomfortable to wear.
Orient Bambino Automatic Watch
Another best automatic watch is Orient Bambino watches and also reasonably priced. Orient Bambino watches a well-regarded watch from Japan.
It comes with a great style and adapts to any outfit and wallet. Its simple classic look hides great fabric under a corrosion-resistant 40.5 mm. Its body stainless steel case with a calf leather band. The date display and bold analog dial are safe by a domed mineral crystal window. And also powered by a Japanese built automatic movement.
If we analyze history in 1901 Orient was one of the competitors Seiko’s and has now become its supplementary company. But they still make anomalous watches even. And this one makes no violation, despite the low price tag of $168.
Orient Bambino Automatic Watch feature
- F6724 22-jewel automatic movement
- Its 40-millimeter stainless steel case and version 4
- A classic combination of brushed and pure finishes.
- Generally regarded as one of the best affordable automatic watches
- Its elegant bond and modern execution
- The movement inside is made in-house by Orient themselves, again uncommon in entry-level watches
- Its strap is just terrible.
- Its Toss it immediately and The lug width is really stupid at 21mm.
Seiko Divers Automatic Watch
Seiko introduces another simple and typical diver watch in another spot on our list. Always the most popular watch brand is the Seiko diver automatic watch. Stylish dial with hardlex mineral crystal window protects the clean. Its large white hour markers and thick hands and date display
Among other features, there is a waved one-way bezel, a stable black rubber strap, or silver stainless steel bracelet. And also this watches a water-resistant case up to 660 feet (200 m). The price can be considered another good feature of the watch at only $199.
Seiko Divers Automatic Watch feature
- A waved one-way bezel, a stable black rubber strap
- a water-resistant case up to 660 feet (200 m)
- silver stainless steel bracelet
- It is automatic watch
- Its movement is powered by the movement of your wrist like 7S26 / 7S3
- If you watch un-touch for a few hours then it will stop automatically.
Bulova Men’s Leather Strap Watch
If someone wants to business or want a more serious-looking good and reasonably priced watch at the same time, the Bulova Men’s Leather Strap Watch is exactly what they’re searching for.
21 jewel automatic movements is the most popular feature of this Bulova Men’s Leather Strap Watch. It’s 40 mm stainless steel case 13.5 mm thick.
And also this watches protected by a mineral window. But what makes it moving is the black finish of the dial with a see-through sub-dial. It doesn’t come with a date and day display but the attractive contrast of its black dial. And clean slick figure gives it a distinct look for only $299.
Bulova Men’s Leather Strap Watch feature
- 40 mm stainless steel case 13.5 mm thick
- The black finish of the dial with a see-through sub-dial
- This watches protected by a mineral window
- Bulova Men’s Leather Strap Watch more comfortable to wear than metal watch
- For formal occasion it is the best watch
- Affordable prices for general people
- For long time uses this is not good watch
Vostok-Europe Expedition North Pole
In 2003 as a cooperation between the Vilnius Koliz company and the Chystopol Watch Factory Vostok born a new watchmaker the Lithuanian based Vostok-Europe. After that inception, this company has quickly spread all over the world, specially in Europe. fighter pilots, military divers, adventurers and many other individuals in risky fields becoming the number one choice for work.
The Vostok-Europe Expedition North Pole is one of the most popular dive grade watches. And also one of the toughest models in their line, perfect for the real adventurer. The Expedition North Pole comes has a big and bold dial. It’s protected by a scratch and shatter-resistant.
The Vostok-Europe K1 mineral crystal and features a 24 jewel automatic movement. In this watch 47 mm stainless steel and 18 mm thick case. It’s a fabulous sports watch with super-luminova luminosity for daring night adventures. The Vostok-Europe Expedition North Pole all these features, the price is a polite $299.
Vostok-Europe Expedition North Pole feature
- A big and bold dial
- A scratch and shatter-resistant
- K1 mineral crystal and features a 24 jewel automatic movement
- Good Quality watch for your wrist
- Looking good
- Date window too small.
Tissot Everytime Swissmatic Automatic Watch
If someone looking for a watch to fit a more classic outfit for the occasion then go for the Tissot Everytime Swissmatic automatic watch. Tissot Everytime Swissmatic automatic watch is the right option for every classic outfit.
Tissot Everytime Swissmatic Automatic Watch a sleek minimalist look and timeless design. Its scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass, stainless steel case, black leather strap, and Swiss automatic movement. Especially these watches match on every occasion.
This watch has a clean black dial with minimum markers and it provides a cool, modern look to every person. This also called a dress watch. This watch waterproofed up to 100 feet (30 m).
The Tissot Everytime Swissmatic is a wonderful addition for any stylish man with part of the T-Classic collection but without violating the bank, and also it has a good price of $395.
Tissot Everytime Swissmatic Automatic Watch feature
- Clean black dial with minimum markers and it provides a cool
- Waterproofed up to 100 feet (30 m)
- A wonderful addition for any stylish man with part of the T-Classic collection
- Good watches but also affordable ones
- high Swiss watch quality
This watch support better for sport people
Laco Augsburg Automatic
One of the well-known company German watchmaker Laco introduces simplicity and refinement in the crafting of some of the most superb pilot watches in the world.
the Laco Augsburg Automatic Pilot Watch without being loaded with tons of bells and whistles. The Laco Augsburg Automatic Pilot Watch is contained quality craftsmanship and style.
Laco Augsburg 42 mm stainless steel case shelters with automatic movement from Miyota.
It contains a stark black dial with Super Luminova numerals and dials protected by a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal. Its more stylist classic look for brown leather strap completes. For new generations, it feels like a bargain since it’s one of those watches only for $400.
Laco Augsburg Automatic feature
- 42 mm stainless steel case shelters with automatic movement from Miyota
- stark black dial with Super Luminova numerals and dials protected by a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
- Stylist classic look for brown leather strap completes
- Looks great and it is of high quality.
- This watch lume is outstanding
- This model is simplicity personified: no day or date, just the time in big
- The band is very thick leather that will take time to break-in
Tissot Heritage Visodate Automatic
One of the popular classic timekeeping pieces is the Tissot Heritage Visodate Automatic. Every popular watchmaker Tissot is on our list.
One of the beautiful watches is the Tissot Heritage Visodate Automatic. Its functions in minimalist. It also tells time. For enough style and good fabric don’t expect anything else.
Tissot Heritage Visodate Automatic is a simple white dial with 40 mm stainless steel case. Its calfskin strap fit perfectly together and make the Heritage Visodate Automatic a great dress watch.
This Swiss movement powers the current hands and the only feature it comes with is the day and date window on the dial. it’s a polite and classic watch to have on formal purpose, only for $499
Tissot Heritage Visodate Automatic feature
- 40 mm stainless steel case
- Swiss movement powers the current hands
- A polite and classic watch to have on formal purpose
- It looks the part….chic, stylish, visually attractive, and choicely crafted
- A black strap gave this watch a more impure look
- This watch day date and time are misaligned
Jack Mason Aviator Automatic Watch
An aircraft drawing its inspiration from the instrument gauges. The Jack Mason Aviator Automatic Watch fetch honor to the classic pilot’s watch by adding details that go wide the traditional style of these types of timekeeping pieces.
Jack Mason AviatorAutomatic Watch has a 42 mm stainless steel case, clean black dial under a sapphire crystal glass.
It has brown Italian leather straps, automatic movement, exhibition case back. And also Super Luminova markings, the Jack Mason Aviator Watch masterfully combines the classic and the modern.
Jack Mason Aviator Automatic Watch price couldn’t be better: an affordable $495.
Jack Mason Aviator Automatic Watch Feature
- 42 mm stainless steel case
- Italian leather straps, automatic movement, exhibition case back
- And also Super Luminova markings, the Jack Mason Aviator Watch masterfully combines
- Automatic movement & exhibition case
- Super Luminova markings
- Classic & modern watch ever
- Specially pilot person it is best watch but not for general public
Rossling & Co. Classic Automatic Watch
One of the most beautiful clean watches is Rossling & Co. Classic Automatic Watch. It strikes a chord with the more minimalist individuals out there.
It has a 40 mm case is only 9 mm thick due to the ultra-thin Miyota Japanese movement that’s encased in it.
Rossling & Co. Classic Automatic Watch date window on the dial is in tune with the minimalistic design of the watch. Its slim blue hands are in perfect parallel with the dial markers on the pure white dial. Rossling & Co.
Classic Automatic Watch tweed strap with leather backing complete the polished Bauhaus design of the watch. This watch price for this wonder of timekeeping is only $1 short of $500.
Rossling & Co. Classic Automatic Watch Feature
- Tweed strap with leather backing complete the polished Bauhaus design
- Slim blue hands are in perfect parallel with the dial markers on the pure white dial
- Classic Automatic Watch date window on the dial is in tune with the minimalistic design
- An ultra-thin case
- A unique tweed strap. Minimalist white dial with signature blue hands
- Silver case and light gray tweed strap
- The bezel is very narrow and the lugs are too
How to care for your automatic watch?
-Cleaning the watch case and bracelet is generally a pretty straightforward process. Just be sure not to open automatic watches as this can damage them severely!-Automatic timepieces are often considered more desirable than quartz movements because of their smooth sweeping second’s hand, which provides an elegant motion without any ticking sound that would disrupt conversations.-Be aware though that automatic watches require some extra care – you should never let your automatic watch come in contact with magnets or magnetic fields (i.e., speakers), otherwise, it could cause significant permanent damages to its movement, stopped functioning altogether, or may entirely lose power reserve when stored for long periods of time.
The benefits of owning a luxury watch over a standard one.
– automatic watches are often more expensive than quartz movements because of their smooth motion. – automatic watches require extra care, as they should never be exposed to magnets or magnetic fields. – luxury watches are usually made with precious materials. However, standard wristwatches can also provide a sense of elegance if chosen carefully and in the right style that is appropriate for one’s personal taste preferences. – automatic watches require less maintenance than quartz movement watches, as the automatic winding mechanism is designed to run on its own. – automatic movements are often preferred by people who work in professions that involve a lot of physical labor or other activities where the hands and arms move frequently throughout long periods of time. Quartz movement wristwatches may not be able to keep up with this kind of activity without stopping completely from being too strained. – automatic watch owners can save money by not having to purchase batteries every few months for their new luxury timepieces. – automatic watch owners can save money by not having to purchase batteries every few months for their new luxury timepieces. – automatic watch owners do not have to worry about keeping track of when they need routine servicing like they would with a standard wristwatch. This allows them more freedom and less stress.- automatic watches are also known as self-winding, kinetic, or mechanical watches that typically run on the energy generated from your natural body movements throughout the day rather than needing battery power or winding mechanisms,
which may be part of quartz movement watches requiring you to break out your toolbox if things go wrong in between changing batteries (which is nice if you have one). Most automatic timepieces don’t require much maintenance other than perhaps an occasional rotor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it OK to leave an automatic watch unwound?
No, automatic watches that are not in use can lose their motive power. It is best to keep them wound or wear them regularly so they don’t need constant winding.
What is the lifespan of an automatic watch?
Automatic watches can last for many years if you take proper care of them. However, automatic timepieces are mechanical and therefore they must be wound regularly to stay functional. If not worn or wound the watch will lose its motive power quickly and stop working after a few days.
What is a good automatic watch brand?
A good automatic watch brand is a great automatic watch for an affordable price. There are many companies that produce automatic watches, and some of the more popular brands include:- TAG Heuer- Seiko Watches- Citizen Watch CompanyThere are other luxury automatic watches as well like Rolex but they may cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars!
If you’re looking to get into automatic watches then I suggest buying one on my list above first. They all come under $500 and will last a long time with proper care. You can always upgrade later on if you want something fancier! 🙂
What is the toughest watch?
The toughest automatic watch is the Seiko Men’s Diver Automatic. Although it has a low price tag, you get what you pay for when buying an automatic watch under $500 because it can last generations with proper care.
If you’re not careful then your automatic watch could end up needing repairs in less than a year! This automatic diver’s timepiece from Seiko comes with everything that any man needs except diving gear since this isn’t designed to go underwater and cannot be taken into the ocean or lake without damaging its delicate moving parts inside of it.
Is it bad to wind a watch backward?
No, but it won’t keep the automatic watch running.Some automatic watches have a feature that means that winding them backward will stop their automatic function. Be sure to check your model’s manual as not all automatic watches are designed this way and you could be damaging its inner workings by doing so.
Are cheap automatic watches good?
Yes, automatic watches can be cheap and good. The cheapest automatic watch is the MVMT 40 Series Automatic Watch for under $100.
Seiko comes with everything that any man needs except diving gear since this isn’t designed to go underwater and cannot be taken into the ocean or lake without damaging its delicate moving parts inside of it.
What are automatic watches made out of?
Automatic watches usually have a stainless steel back casing as well as an aluminum front casing which makes up most automatic watches on the market today because they are lightweight while also sturdy enough not to get damaged too easily.
However, there are some automatic models such as citizen eco drive design ones that do not come in either metal case but instead use resin material to cover the automatic watch. What automatic watches do wellAutomatic watches are designed to be a practical and functional timepiece which is why they have been made with an automatic self-winding mechanism that works without batteries so it won’t ever need them replaced like most quartz or digital watches on the market today.
What are some things people might not know about automatic watches?
Some other interesting facts about automatic wristwatches include how automatic winding actually means that when you move your arm up and down,
this will help in powering up the mainspring of motion inside by giving it kinetic energy from your body movement as part of its main function as being used for providing power to drive a watch’s hands around along with resetting date windows every day.A lot of automatic watches will also feature watch hands that automatically adjust their positions to account for the change in day and night time hours, making it easier for you to read even during those early or late morning wake-up times without having any trouble telling what time it is. In addition, automatic watches are often regarded as some of the best looking pieces out there since they combine well with a variety of different styles such as casual wear along with traditional business attire
– something that’s not always possible when trying to match up digital or quartz styled wristwatches today which can prove themselves useful especially in professional environments where more precise timing is needed as one would find at airports among other places.
We hope this blog post has been helpful in your search for the best automatic watch under $500. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and we will be happy to answer them!